IT'S TIME TO GET INVOLVED...
Hello Dear Donors,
Since March 2020, all efforts to find a vaccine to help us return to a normal life have been put towards COVID-19.
However, cancer does not take a vacation and statistics on new cancer cases are not down.
After taking on personal challenges, challenges with the Cancer Research Society and finding that the needs are growing, I decided to cross Quebec from Percé to Gatineau on foot, which represents a journey of 1,250 kilometers in 40 days in June 2021.
This personal challenge will pay tribute to my family, friends and all the men, women and children who have fought or are fighting daily to overcome this terrible disease.
This is where I need you: all donations, large and small, will be welcomed and can help the Society in its fight against cancer. To this end, the funds raised will help to achieve faster and more effective diagnosis, improve treatments and better understand ways to prevent cancer.
40 years ago, the chance of surviving cancer was 25%; currently the survival rate is 60% and thanks to research, the survival rate continues to improve.
During my journey, when I walk through your area, I invite you to come and go with me. I will also invite students from different educational institutions, different walking clubs, different associations and organizations to accompany me during this hike.
My goal is to raise $25,000 for research.
Thank you for helping me achieve my goal and give hope to all the heroes of this disease.
Goods and services partners
Denis Dionne’s Québec Crossing
June 29 to August 7, 2021
Duration of the trip
Level of difficulty
Percé to Gatineau\Ottawa; 1,250 km
- Day 1 : Percé to la pointe Saint-Pierre - 28 km (6 hours)
- Day 2 : Pointe Saint-Pierre to Gaspé - 40 km (8 hours)
- Day 3 : Gaspé to Cap-des-Rosiers - 42 km (8:30 hours)
- Day 4 : Cap-des-Rosiers to L’Anse-à-Valleau - 38 km (8 hours)
- Day 5 : L’Anse-à-Valleau to Petite-Anse - 29 km (6 hours)
- Day 6 : day off
- Day 7 : Petite-Anse to Sainte-Madeleine-de-la-Rivière-Madeleine - 38 km (8 hours)
- Day 8 : Sainte-Madeleine-de-la-Rivière-Madeleine to Mont-Louis - 34 km (7 hours)
- Day 9 : Mont-Louis to La Marte - 35 km (7:15 hours)
- Day 10 : La Marte to Sainte-Anne-des-Monts - 26 km (5:30 hours)
- Day 11 : Sainte-Anne-des-Monts to Les Méchins - 41 km (8:15 hours)
- Day 12 : Les Méchins to Petit-Matane - 38 km (7:45 hours)
- Day 13 : day off
- Day 14 : Petit-Matane to Baie-des-Sables - 38 km (7:45 hours)
- Day 15 : Baie-des-Sables to Sainte-Flavie - 31 km (6:20 hours)
- Day 16 : Sainte-Flavie to Rimouski - 32 km (6:30 hours)
- Day 17 : Rimouski to Saint-Fabien - 32 km (6:30 hours)
- Day 18 : Saint-Fabien to Trois-Pistoles - 30 km (6:10 hours)
- Day 19 : Trois-Pistoles to Cacouna - 36 km (7:15 hours)
- Day 20 : day off
- Day 21 : Cacouna to Kamouraska - 51 km (10:15 hours)
- Day 22 : Kamouraska to Saint-Roch-des-Aulnaies - 40 km (8 hours)
- Day 23 : Saint-Roch-des-Aulnaies to Cap-Saint-Ignace - 39 km (8 hours)
- Day 24 : Cap-Saint-Ignace to Saint-Vallier - 34 km (6:50 hours)
- Day 25 : Saint-Vallier to Lévis - 40 km (8 hours)
- Day 26 : Lévis to Neuville - 32 km (6:30 hours)
- Day 27 : day off
- Day 28 : Neuville to Deschambault - 31 km (6:20 hours)
- Day 29 : Deschambault to Batiscan - 35 km (7 hours)
- Day 30 : Batiscan to Trois-Rivières - 31 km (6:15 hours)
- Day 31 : Trois-Rivières to Louiseville - 35 km (7:15 hours)
- Day 32 : Louiseville to Lanoraie - 43 km (8:30 hours)
- Day 33 : Lanoraie to Charlemagne - 37 km (7:30 hours)
- Day 34 : day off
- Day 35 : Charlemagne to Mirabel - 55 km (11 hours)
- Day 36 : Mirabel to Lachute - 23 km (4:50 hours)
- Day 37 : Lachute to Pointe-au-Chêne - 34 km (7 hours)
- Day 38 : Pointe-au-Chêne to Thurso - 42 km (8:30 hours)
- Day 39 : Thurso to Gatineau (Alexandra bridge) - 45 km (9 hours)
- Day 40 : day off